Hi everyone, hope everyone is keeping their spirits up despite all the bad news we keep getting, with the storms, floods and now the Coronavirus that as hit every where.
Today is Author Sarah J. Maas’ birthday, so I thought that I would do this weeks blog on her featuring some of her books and some fun facts about her.
Top 10 Books
Here is some of Sarah J. Maas books for you to read.
1.Throne Of Glass
Throne of Glass is the first book in the series. You will get to meet Celaena Sardothien, she is deadly and destined for greatness.
Celaena is an eighteen year old girl that is serving a life sentence in the salt mines of Endovier. She is a trained assassin, the best of her kind, her only fatal mistake was… getting caught! She was offered a deal by the young Captain Westfall: her freedom comes at a cost she must represent the prince in a to-the-death tournament, fighting the best thieves and assassin’s in the land. Live or die, Celaena will be free. Win or lose she will finally find out her true destiny.
2. A Court of Thorns And Roses
A Court OF Thorns and Roses is the first instalment of this trilogy. Feyre’s whole survival rests on her ability to hunt and kill. The forest where she lives is a cold bleak place to be, especially in the long winter months, so when she spots a wolf in pursuit of a deer, she cannot resist the urge to fight it for the flesh. But for her to do that she must kill the predator but killing, something so precious comes at a price…
Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre’s presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.
3. Crown of Midnight
Eighteen-year-old Celaena Sardothien is bold, daring and beautiful – the perfect seductress and the greatest assassin her world has ever known. But though she won the King’s contest and became his champion, Celaena has been granted neither her liberty nor the freedom to follow her heart. The slavery of the suffocating salt mines of Endovier that scarred her past is nothing compared to a life bound to her darkest enemy, a king whose rule is so dark and evil it is near impossible to defy. Celaena faces a choice that is tearing her heart to pieces: kill in cold blood for a man she hates, or risk sentencing those she loves to death. Celaena must decide what she will fight for: survival, love or the future of a kingdom. Because an assassin cannot have it all … And trying to may just destroy her.
4. Empire of Storms
Kingdoms collide as Aelin continues her epic journey from assassin to queen in this instalment of the global #1 bestselling series.
The long path to the throne has just begun for Aelin Galathynius. As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear. Will Aelin succeed in keeping her world from splintering, or will it all come crashing down?
5. A Court of Mist and Fury
A Court of Mist and Fury is the second book in A Court of Thorns and Roses Series. Feyre survived Amarantha’s clutches to return to the Spring Court – but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can’t forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin’s people.
Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms – and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future – and the future of a world cleaved in two.
6. Heir of Fire
This is the third novel in the Throne of Glass Series. As the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, Celaena Sardothien is bound to serve the tyrant who slaughtered her dear friend. But she has vowed to make him pay. The answers Celaena needs to destroy the king lie across the sea Wendlyn. And Chaol, Captain of the King’s Guard, has put his future in jeopardy to send her there.
Yet as Celaena seeks her destiny in Wendlyn, a new threat is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?
7. Queen of Shadows
This is the fourth instalment of the #1 bestselling Throne of Glass Series. Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. Now she returns to the empire – to confront the shadows of her past …
Bloodthirsty for revenge on the two men responsible for destroying her life, and desperate to find out if the prince and his captain are safe, Celaena returns to Rifthold. She has accepted her identity as Aelin Galathynius, the lost Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, there are dark truths to learn and debts to be paid. Aelin must stay hidden beneath her assassin’s hood and draw on her mortal strength as Celaena to prevent the King of Adarlan from tearing her world apart.
8. House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City)
Half-Fae, half-human Bryce Quinlan loves her life. Every night is a party and Bryce is going to savour all the pleasures Lunathion – also known as Crescent City – has to offer. But then a brutal murder shakes the very foundations of the city, and brings Bryce’s world crashing down.
Two years later, Bryce still haunts the city’s most notorious nightclubs – but seeking only oblivion now. Then the murderer attacks again. And when an infamous Fallen angel, Hunt Athalar, is assigned to watch her every footstep, Bryce knows she can’t forget any longer. As Bryce and Hunt fight to unravel the mystery, and their own dark pasts, the threads they tug ripple through the underbelly of the city, across warring continents, and down to the deepest levels of Hel, where things that have been sleeping for millennia are beginning to stir …
9. Kingdom Of Ash (International Bestseller)
Kingdom of Ash is the unforgettable conclusion in the Throne of Glass Series. Aelin Galathynius’s journey from slave to assassin to queen reaches its heart-rending finale as war erupts across her world . She has risked everything to save her people – but at a tremendous cost. Locked in an iron coffin by the Queen of the Fae, Aelin must draw upon her fiery will to endure the months of torture inflicted upon her. The knowledge that yielding to Maeve will doom those she loves keeps her from breaking, but her resolve is unravelling with each passing day.
With Aelin imprisoned, Aedion and Lysandra are the last line of defence keeping Terrasen from utter destruction. But even the many allies they’ve gathered to battle Erawan’s hordes might not be enough to save the kingdom. Scattered throughout the continent and racing against time, Chaol, Manon, and Dorian must forge their own paths to meet their destinies. And across the sea Rowan hunts to find his captured wife and queen – before she is lost to him. Some bonds will deepen and others be severed forever, but as the threads of fate weave together at last, all must fight if they are to find salvation – and a better world.
10. The Assassin’s Blade
The Assassin’s Blade is a prequel to the Throne of Glass Series. Celaena Sardothien is Adarlan’s most feared assassin. As part of the Assassins’ Guild, her allegiance is to her master, Arobynn Hamel, yet Celaena listens to no one and trusts only her fellow killer-for-hire, Sam.
In these action-packed prequel novellas – together in one edition for the first time – Celaena embarks on five daring missions. They take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, where she fights to liberate slaves and seeks to avenge the tyrannous. But she is acting against Arobynn’s orders and could suffer an unimaginable punishment for such treachery . . .
Here are a few fun facts about the birthday girl, some you might know and some you won’t, it depends on how much of a fan you are:
- Sarah is a New Yorker, that now resides in Pennsylvania.
- Her middle name is Janet and is in honor of her much loved great-aunt, who passed away before Sarah was born.
- Throne of Glass was originally going to be called Queen of Glass.
- Sarah married her college sweetheart Josh.
- She is a massive fan of Lord of the Rings trilogy and the hobbit and has been to some of the filming locations in New Zealand. She burst into tears upon seeing the Shire for the first time.
- June 2018 Sarah and Josh welcomed their first child into the world, a bouncing baby boy, they named him Taran.
- The inspiration behind Throne of Glass series was taken from the story of Cinderella, with a view of “what if” she wasn’t a servant, but an assassin.
- Sarah has a rescue dog named Annie, part dachshund, part Jack Russell. When Annie’s mother had gotten pregnant her owners abandoned her because of it. She gave birth to a litter of puppies (which included Annie) in a high kill shelter. A rescue shelter soon swooped in to save both mom and puppies. A few weeks later Sarah would stop by on dog adoption day and was instantly smitten with Annie.
- In 2008, she graduated Magna Cum Laude from Hamilton College in Clinton where she studied Creative Writing, with a minor in Religious Education
- Sarah dedicated Tower of Dawn to her real-life kickass heroine, her grandmother, Camila (Camy for short). Her love of travel and passion for learning came from Camy, who spent most of her adult life traveling the world.
- When Sarah was sixteen she shared Queen of Glass on FictionPress.com when it was still in its early stages. She shared roughly the first four books up to Queen of Shadows, back then it was just one giant book, she later removed it from the site when she wanted to publish it.
- She was born 5 March 1986, making her 34 years old today.
- She is a huge Harry Potter Fan and would get so excited when the next book came out,.
- Sarah met her husband on the very first day of her freshman year of college. Josh (who was a junior at the time, and the boys’ Resident Advisor in their dorm) saw her literally getting out of her parents car, where as Sarah didn’t see him until later that night at their dorm meeting, she gushed to her roommate about how cute she thought he was.
- Sarah loves ballet, and counts Misty Copeland among her personal Heroes.
- If Sarah hadn’t become a writer, she wanted to be a florist.
- Her Throne of Glass books are currently available in fifteen countries and twenty three languages.
- Her second series A Court of Thorns and Roses, is a loose retelling of Beauty and the Beast. The first book in the trilogy was written in 2009 but it wasn’t published until 2015.
Thanks for stopping by! See you all next week