Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping your spirits up. I first off want to apologise for my post being late. This is the second time I have written this out, as my computer decided to shut down on me and I lost everything that I had done, Anyway on with today’s post.
Today is a day in which we celebrate Jennifer Aniston birthday as she turns 52 today. She is not only an amazing actress but she is also a film producer, a businesswoman and philanthropist. Born into a family of actors, she decided to follow her parent’s footsteps early in life and trained herself accordingly. However, regardless of her best efforts, success had not come for six exceptionally long years.
Her career really took off when she got the part of Rachel Green in the extremely popular television sitcom ‘Friends’ and it was then that she started to make her mark. Thanks to her portrayal of Rachel, she became so popular that she was known as The Rachel. Even though it made her so well known, she, unfortunately, became typecast. It was not until she played an unglamorous cashier in the ‘Good Girl’ that set her free from her stereotype image. It was not long before work started pouring in for her, and she began playing many lead roles that went on to become major hits. In addition to that, she appeared in many commercials and successful music videos. She had also signed a contract with Elizabeth Arden Inc, and worked there for more than a year to launch a new perfume called ‘Jennifer Aniston’, she also has two other perfumes to add to her credits ‘J’ and ‘Near Dusk’. Aniston fights for equal rights for the LGBT.
The Early Years
Jennifer was born Jennifer Joanna Anastassakis on February 11, 1969, in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles to parents John Aniston and Nancy Dow. She spent the first part of her childhood in Eddystone, Pennsylvania, where the family shared a three-bedroom house with her grandmother. It was there she begun her education in an elementary school. Later the family moved to New York City.
She went on to Waldorf School at six years where they would discourage you from watching television, so she would go to the theatre instead. Three years later her parents separated. Her dad went on to marry someone else and had her half-brother Alexander Aniston. She instantly became the middle child as she also has an older half-brother John T. Melick from her mother’s side.
Jennifer first started acting at eleven while she was studying at Waldorf. She later enrolled at Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts and graduated from there.
In 1988, Jennifer started her acting career by working in Off-Broadway shows like ‘For Dear Life’ and ‘Dancing on Checker’s Grave’. However, she was not making much money out of her acting career, instead, she took on some side jobs to help support herself, taking on jobs such as telemarketer, waitress and bike messenger.
In 1989, she went on to appear on ‘The Howard Stern Show’, the American radio show hosted by Howard Stern. In the same year, she moved to Los Angeles, where her father used to stay. Not long after her move, she got a part in 1990’s ‘Molloy’ alongside The Big Bangs Mayim Bialik. It aired for just for one season. She then went on to do a television series named ‘Ferris Bueller’ starring with Charlie Schlatter again, that only lasted for a season.
Undeterred by this, she went on to act in another two-television series before finding fame on the television sitcom ‘Friends’ in 1994. Which lasted 10 seasons, it became a success, It catapulted her career, and she became a household name. It was then she had finally established herself firmly as an actress and has made several successful films.
Ever The Philanthropist
Jennifer is a well-known activist and philanthropist, she has been so generous with both her time and money as she has donated to several different philanthropic organizations, such as Project A.L.S., Feeding America, Doctors without Borders, AmeriCares, Friends of Al Faro, EB Medical Research Foundation, OmniPeace, and Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, Clothes Off Our Back, etc.
Jennifer has also helped with other causes like LGBT and has hosted shows like Stand Up for Cancer, and It Cannot Wait.
- Her birth name is Jennifer Joanna Anastassakis. She later shortened her name to make it easier for people to remember it.
- Both her parents are actors and encouraged her high school interest in drama. her father, John Aniston, is best known for his role as Victor Kiriakis on the daytime drama Days of Our Lives. Her mother is Nancy Dow.
- She has royal blood in her. Through her mother, Jennifer is a direct descendant of the royal House of Stuart of Scotland.
- As a child, Aniston lived in Greece for a year with her family. They moved to Pennsylvania, then to New York City.
- Aniston attended a Waldorf educational school in New York when she was six and harnessed her love for acting at age 11 at the school.
- When she was 11, one of Jennifer’s paintings was placed in the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Aniston was bullied throughout her school life, as other kids decided to make fun of her. She was known as the class clown.
- She went to school with Chaz Bono, and she would go to his house after school.
- Jennifer had other jobs before becoming an actress, which she was not any good at, she worked as a bike messenger, and drove into an open car door. When she was a waitress, she accidentally dropped a few burgers on customers’ laps.
- Aniston made her screen debut in the television series Molloy (1990), but her film career began in the horror film Leprechaun (1993). The horror flick was a bad experience for her and made her consider giving up her acting career.
- She appeared in ‘Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers’ music video for the 1996 song “Walls.”
- Her big break came when she was cast as Rachel Green in the NBC sitcom Friends. The hugely popular series made her a star and a household name.
- Directors originally had other ideas about who would play who on the show “Friends,”. They had picked Courteney Cox to be Rachel and Jennifer Aniston to play Monica. The two actresses persuaded producers that they were better suited to play it the other way round. Aniston got the role after she was told by the producers to lose 30 pounds. Ouch!
- Chris McMillan, who managed the ‘Friends’ star’s hair for more than a decade, admitted he was stoned when he cut Jennifer Aniston’s into the iconic “Rachel” haircut.
- Her best friend is her Friends co-star Courteney Cox.
- She won both a Golden Globe and an Emmy Award during her tenure on the show.
- She went on to star in 238 episodes of the hit series, becoming one of the highest-paid actresses in a television show at $1 million per episode.
- Jennifer offered to be Matthew Perry’s personal trainer in 2002 to help him lose weight.
- She has a fear of flying – even though she must do it so often for her work.
- Jennifer was once recognized by a fan when she was naked in a sauna.
- Jen has been friends with Adam Sandler for an exceptionally long time, way before they became famous. Aniston was dating one of Sandler’s friends. They were two teenagers and met at Jerry’s Deli while hanging out with a group of other kids. They have been friends ever since.
- Aniston and Sandler have appeared in two movies together, “Just Go With It” (2011) and Netflix’s “Murder Mystery” (2019).
- Jen met her former husband Brad Pitt on a blind date in 1998. The couple got married in 2000.
- Jennifer is the first woman to win the GQ Man of the Year award. She shared the award with 50 Cent and Vince Vaughn in November 2005.
- She stays in great shape by practising yoga. She filmed the introduction to her instructor’s 2009 Yogalosophy DVD.
- The late actor Telly Savalas was her godfather.
- Jen is 5′ 6″ (1.68 m) tall.
- Aniston has dated actors Vince Vaughn, singer John Mayer and SNL cast member Jason Sudeikis following her divorce from Brad Pitt.
- Her favourite colour is blue.
- She began dating former husband Justin Theroux in 2011 and the couple got engaged in August 2012. Aniston and Theroux met while filming Wanderlust.
- Jen and Justin threw away the traditional honeymoon of just the two of them, they decided to have a holiday with a group of friends, which included Jason Bateman, Courtney Cox, and Chelsea Handler. They wanted the partying to carry on.
- Jennifer owns a Welsh corgi-terrier mix named Norman and a white German shepherd named Dolly.
- Her birthday is February 11, 1969, and she shares it with Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park, Burt Reynolds, Sheryl Crow, and Kelly Rowland.
- She dislikes spicy foods also Greek, Chinese, and Indian food, but is very fond of Mexican food.
- Jen has been the crush of many Hollywood actors, which included former husband Justin Theroux, Jake Gyllenhaal, Cole Sprouse, and John Mayer.
- Her favourite movies include “Wuthering Heights” and “Fame.”
- She is the godmother of Coco Riley Arquette, the daughter of Courteney Cox and David Arquette.
- If Jennifer were not an actress, she has said that she would have been a therapist today.
- She is widely known for her beautiful locks, but before all that, she used to keep a tiny pair of scissors in the glove compartment of her car so she could trim any split ends when she found them.
- What does she dislike reading about herself? “Try that Jennifer Aniston diet.” There is no secret diet – she says she follows a healthy diet and exercises often.
- She went through a goth phase in high school, as she wanted to be rebellious.
- Her father, who has starred on Days of Our Lives since 1985, also discouraged his daughter from following in his footsteps. “He said, ‘I do not want your heartbroken. The rejection is brutal. He begged her not do it, and become a lawyer.”
- When Jennifer Aniston was a young child, she was riding a tricycle around the swimming pool and ended up crashing it into the water. She was too scared to let go of the trike, so her brother had to help her out of the water. This caused her to be terrified of being underwater…and even now she has a hard time filming scenes in the water.
- Jennifer has struggled with dyslexia which made reading difficult for her. Before she was diagnosed, she just thought she was not good at academics since she was not able to retain any of the information.
- Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman have been friends since there early 20’s. They have appeared in five movies together “The Break-Up” (2006), “The Switch” (2010), “Horrible Bosses” (2011), “Horrible Bosses 2” (2014), and “Office Christmas Party” (2016).
Films I Like of Hers
Earliest to Latest
- Picture Perfect (1997)
- Bruce Almighty (2003)
- Rumor Has It (2005)
- The Break-Up (2006)
- Marley and Me (2008)
- He’s Not That Into You (2009)
- The Bounty Hunter (2010)
- The Switch (2010)
- Just Go with It (2011)
- Horrible Boss (2011)
- Wanderlust (2012)
- We’re the Millers (2013)
- Horrible Bosses 2 (2014)
- Mother’s Day (2016)
- Storks (2016)
- Office Christmas Party (2016)
- Murder Mystery (2019)
Thankyou for taking the time to read my blog. See you all next week.